Date: 17.5.2017 / Article Rating: 4 / Votes: 671
Essay-writer.conajans.com #Thesis site hku.hk

Recent Posts

Home >> Uncategorized >> Thesis site hku.hk

Thesis site hku.hk

Mar/Sun/2018 | Uncategorized

Class of 2010 Degree Show of architectural thesis projects

HKU Three Minute Thesis (3MT®) Competition 2017 Challenge yourself to join the HKU Three Minutes Thesis (3MT®) Competition

HKU Scholars Hub: Update on Sales of HKU Theses on Amazon and

Thesis site hku.hk

Custom Essay Writing Service -
Guidelines on Thesis Submission - HKU Graduate School

Buy Book Reviews from Literature Professionals. Do you like reading books? We do a lot. However, when it comes to writing book reviews, many students feel lost and even outraged. You are supposed to read books for your own pleasure, and yet, in this case, you do it for the single purpose of getting a good grade. Many feel that it impacts on their very ability to enjoy reading – not to mention that you are often forced to do it in a shorter term than you’d usually do. That’s why student book reviews on demand are such a popular service here at GradeMiners.com. People choose to thesis hku.hk, read books that they want to read, and let professional writers deal with others. If you, too, don’t want any external factors to influence your reading habits, we will be glad to see you among our customers. Here, we’ll give you the details. What does book review writing entail?

A book review is book, a paper designed to illustrate that you have read a certain work and can analyze its characters, underlying ideas, and the plot. A good review does not simply describe what happened in the book, but rather gives a general idea of the intrigue tying it to the more general context. Thesis Site Hku.hk. In other words, to write a student book review, it’s not enough to simply have read the book. You also need to understand the characters, the historical context, the epoch in which the writer lived and book review, understand (or at thesis site hku.hk least try to and thesis, understand) what he or she aimed to say between the lines. Site Hku.hk. The following elements are to looking book, be included in site hku.hk, the review: Author Genre Title Introduction (does it offer any insight into owl research paper cover, the key ideas of the thesis site hku.hk book?) Cover (does it illustrate the ideas?) Characters (who are they? Do you identify with them?) Motifs Key ideas. The summary of the purdue cover plot should be brief, leaving plenty of site hku.hk, room for your own evaluation. What resonated with you?

What key points have been raised and how do they relate to other works of the same author? In other words, in thinking nursing, a review you have to evaluate a book and put it in the context of site hku.hk, other works of the and thesis statement same author and epoch. Site Hku.hk. And this is exactly what our writers will do! Except that, unlike you, they have already written the book, studied the relevant epoch, and are ready to provide insight right away, saving a lot of easy online, time. How soon will you write my report? As mentioned above, experts that work on reviews here at GradeMinders.com are already familiar with most of the literary works – at thesis site hku.hk least those that are the most common objects of reviews. Which is why they can skip the most time-consuming part of the process – the actual reading. The time required to goodman brown setting essay, write a book review for a customer starts at only 3 hours. Talk about urgent fulfillment! As you increase the number of thesis, pages, the time required for fulfillment will increase accordingly, but since reviews are usually rather short, you can expect your paper to be written in the shortest time possible. We do recommend you to allow sufficient time, however, as it will relieve you from urgency charges and give you plenty of paper, time to request a free revision.

What do I get if I buy my book review essay at thesis site hku.hk your company? Besides the obvious, which is writing book review that complies with the highest quality standards, we can offer you the following benefits: A thorough check of cover page, your paper by our diligent QA department. They make it their priority to site, test the originality of your review to paper, guard off any plagiarism problems. If the paper doesn’t pass the check successfully, we won’t send it to you. 24-hour support by phone and through the website.

By support we mean our client relations team ready to provide you with general information. For more focused communication with the writer, you will also have a dedicated communication channel. Timely fulfillment. Site. Whatever the bibliography deadline you have set – 3 hours or 3 days – we will do our best to finish when requested. This is achieved through careful planning of the work where sufficient time is allocated for every stage. A variety of writers. Starting from recent English graduates and aspiring scriptwriters to journalists and teachers, our team is at thesis site your disposal for this assignment. Money-back guarantee.

If you suddenly decide you don’t want the review, you can cancel your order and easy online, get the money you have paid back. Unlike the majority of services, we provide this opportunity up until the moment your paper is thesis site, delivered to you. Privacy protection measures. The identities of our customers are never disclosed, and teach critical, their email addresses and other personally identifiable information is never shared. We do everything to site hku.hk, make our offer irresistible, and with every new day, our clients get more and more benefits. Join today! If you are like the majority of our clients, you value your time and can’t afford to waste it.

We understand and respect it. That’s why we won’t take any more of young goodman, your time describing our services and the benefits you will get. If you are not ready to order now, you hardly will be. If you are ready, there is no use procrastinating. Here is what you need to do: Fill in the ordering form. Check if everything is correct and click on “Submit.” Fill in billing details so that our administrative team could start processing Wait for your review to be written and sent to you. Think this is where it all ends? Think again! Thanks to our free revision policy, you can have your review revised free of charge for an unlimited number of times. Site Hku.hk. Our advice is looking review essays, – don’t waste time on hesitations. You won’t have the full understanding of what it’s like to have your papers written by professionals until you give it a go.

And in our experience, once you do, there is no way back. Order it now!

Essay Writing Service -
HKU Scholars Hub: HKU Theses on Amazon and other online retailers

Seeing Oedipus Rex: Using the Chorus to Understand the Tragedy. Oedipus? Isn't he the one with the complex? That's not an unusual response from students when I bring up the hku.hk Greek tragedy Oedipus Rex . Owl Research Cover? This year, I want to prepare a group of students to see the work from a different viewpointnamely the Greek viewpoint; and we'll do that by looking at the tragedy from the point-of-view of the chorus. Most people assume that students in most AP classes get it more easily than in most other general education classes. While this may be true for some students, many students struggle in my AP Language and Literature class. Students are often in these classes because they are motivated and they do the hku.hk work, but this doesn't always mean that they have the skills to looking book review essays, analyze literature. It is thesis site often the first time students have had to do this, rather than just following along with the plot. It can also be a struggle to notice symbolism, themes, and other literary devices writers use to brown, deliver their messages. Students may become frustrated with an author's diction or the use of site hku.hk, symbolic language that sometimes purposely obscures the message. That said, most AP students are excited at the prospect of gaining the skills required to analyze literature because they will need them to be able to pass the for alibrandi book AP exam at the end of the year.

At the end of the thesis hku.hk first semester in AP Language and teach critical Literature, students read the play Oedipus Rex by site hku.hk the Greek tragedian Sophocles. Oedipus Rex is an outstanding example of a Greek tragedy, a genre that many of my students are unfamiliar with. Throughout the year we work on characterization, the use of literary devices and their purpose in diverse texts, and teach analytical essay writing, among other skills. Because Oedipus Rex is the third text we look at site hku.hk, in the year, students have had some practice in honing these skills, but are still struggling to read more deeply than the plot action. The main challenge for my AP Literature students when reading Oedipus Rex is the chorus. The verses that make up the chorus are fairly densely worded and difficult to understand, and sometimes I get the feeling that students think of the chorus almost like a side noteone they don't really have to pay attention to in order to get the drift of the story. The chorus doesn't always follow the plot, and so students have a hard time keeping track of what it is talking about. It's almost impossible to get my students to find meaning in it on their own, and in the past they've needed to easy online, have it spoon-fed to them. In this unit I'm attempting to site, teach the text Oedipus Rex by focusing mainly on the chorus and by teaching students about the incredibly important function of the online chorus in classic Greek tragedy. We will use images of the thesis site Greek theatre as well as stills and clips from productions of easy online jobs, Oedipus Rex to examine the role and function of the chorus in the tragedy.

We will also compare and contrast the ancient Greek chorus with a modern equivalent: the Broadway musical. My AP Literature is a class of thesis hku.hk, 32 students at Oceana High School in Pacifica, California. It's a small high school of owl research paper page, around 650 students, and our staff is thesis site a supportive and collaborative group. Teach Critical Nursing? For some reason, our school is not generally subjected to district curriculum demands, so we have the freedom to thesis site hku.hk, make our own, keeping a close eye on standards and the Common Core, of course. Essay Questions? OHS is structured on a block schedule with three 100-minute classes each day. I see my classes every other day, and that fact may affect the way I plan and lay out hku.hk classroom activities.

I get to know many of the students I have in AP Literature the year before, in an advisory class. I therefore know them fairly well before I teach them in AP. This will be the first AP class for all of them, and grade essay questions I know that many of them are fairly well-prepared because of thesis hku.hk, our strong Humanities program. Bibliography And Thesis Statement? My AP students are like many other classes, however. Hku.hk? Some of them like to jobs, speak up in class, and some are extremely quiet.

This is understandable because many students are intimidated by an AP class as well as self-conscious about their own ideas. My challenge will be to achieve a balance for hku.hk, both types of students so that everyone's voice is bibliography heard and even the shy students become used to sharing ideas. In ancient Greece, the chorus was a very important part of Greek tragedies, if not the most important part. Thesis? Daniels and Scully, authors of bibliography and thesis statement, What is Really Going on in Sophocles' Theban Plays , say that no feature of Greek tragedy is more intractable than the chorus. 1 Students need to hku.hk, know and understand why this is. Brown Setting? It's not something that translates to thesis site, students simply by reading the text. If students are able to young brown setting essay, understand the importance of the chorus before they even begin reading, they will be more engaged as they read. This will lead to thesis site hku.hk, better understanding of the meaning of the chorus, which is essential to interpreting the text.

I want to focus this unit almost entirely on the role and function of the chorus as well as the message it gives the reader (or viewer) throughout the drama. This is an important way to read (or view) a tragedy, especially nowadays, because we interpret it very differently from the way in which the ancient Greeks did. For ancient Greeks, unlike my students, the cover page chorus' role was an obvious one, and although the language was always in a formal dialect, it wasn't difficult to understand the site hku.hk chorus' message. 2. I have found that my students like looking at images in owl research paper page my classes, be they video, photos, paintings or cartoons. Even my most chaotic after-lunch class can pay rapt attention as soon as there is a video or a picture up on my document camera.

I think it's important to take advantage of their engagement with almost anything visual and use images in my unit to engage my students. I'll be using paintings of scenes in Greek tragedies as well as production stills in order to help students visualize the play instead of simply reading it. One of the issues for students that keeps them from hku.hk, gleefully jumping headfirst into the text is the purdue paper page form of the chorus. Because the chorus (and the whole play for that matter; the thesis site hku.hk chorus, however, is and thesis more obscure) is site hku.hk written in verse, sometimes students struggle with its meaning. If students know the book review essays structure of the chorus and the conventions of the chorus and Greek theatre in general, the purpose and the meaning will be easier to site hku.hk, understand. Definitions of looking essays, words like strophe and antistrophe that will also help them understand form and function. Students complain that it's difficult for them to relate to the issues that Oedipus faces. Additionally, because this play was written and performed starting all the way back in the sixth century BCE, it can be understandably difficult for students to imagine seeing it live.

This can be difficult even for scholars, simply because we don't have a lot of evidence to thesis hku.hk, draw from. It is also difficult to disconnect students from their prior knowledge of essay questions, Oedipus Rex , which can sometimes get in the way of seeing what's going on in the play. William Moebius quoted Gombrich in saying, we are all inclined to judge pictures by what we know rather than what we see. 3 Throughout this unit I will be using strategies and activities to encourage students to thesis site, do close reading of the text and let go of easy online jobs, previous notions of the tragedy Oedipus Rex . We do know quite a bit about how plays were staged and what happened on the stage, and it's important for students to be able to connect it with something they have experience with. To this end, I've been told by hku.hk an expert in the field, Joe Roach, that choruses from Broadway musicals have a lot in common with the chorus in Greek tragedies, mainly in their look and actions; specifically the song Oklahoma! in the musical Oklahoma ! 4 is very much how a chorus would look and behave. 5 Analyzing that performance and then comparing and contrasting it with the chorus from Oedipus will give students a frame of reference to come back to over and over, as well as a way to start imagining what a Greek tragedy would look like, a process that is key to young essay, understanding the message.

My objective in teaching this unit is to give students a solid understanding of the role and function of the chorus in Oedipus Rex . I want them to be able to discuss the story and the messages therein and be able to analyze the differences in the ways in which we read and interpret the play and the ways in which it was interpreted by ancient Greeks. Thesis Site Hku.hk? Before any discussion can happen, students need to easy, understand the chorus and its role and meaning. My hope is that once they have more background information as well as the chance to compare and contrast ancient and modern choruses, each one of hku.hk, them will have a platform to start a discussion from. Part of this discussion should be focused on looking at the play from the review viewpoint of the ancient Greeks. This objective is important for students because there are many ways to view this play, and I want them to be able to look for more than just one way to interpret it. Although the AP exam is what we are ostensibly preparing for, I believe that looking at the text from hku.hk, different points of view will prepare them for college. I also want students to be able to use this background knowledge and the class discussions to be able to analyze the play in cover essay form. A big part of the AP Literature course is timed writing in preparation for the AP exam at the end of the year, so I want students to practice timed writes as well as other writing strategies. There are also Common Core Standards, as well as goals provided by thesis site hku.hk the College Board's AP English Literature Course Descriptions, that this unit will address. (See appendix.)

Tragic drama began in purdue paper cover page Athens, Greece, in the sixth century BCE. Hku.hk? 6 Performances of tragedies were a special occasion and always were planned to take place on festival days celebrating the Greek god Dionysus; these performances, however, were not religious. 7 A tragedy is always written in verse. 8 The performances were competitions between three playwrights, and each playwright would commonly enter four plays. These plays didn't need to relate to one another in any way, except that they all had to be tragedies. Sophocles won second-place when he wrote and produced Oedipus Rex . 9 It's difficult to believe that there was a tragedy better than his in the running, but that brings up an grade essay important point.

There is evidence that thousands of tragedies were written, but we have manuscripts for only thirty-two in existence today. These tragedies have been widely read and performed over the last two thousand years. 10 This information will show students the stark contrast of ancient Greek tragedy to our modern day understanding of theatre and its purpose. The amphitheater (called a theatron ) that the tragedies were performed in was enormous. Evidence shows that up to fifteen thousand people could be seated in thesis hku.hk the theatre. Purdue Owl Research Cover? 11 This doesn't seem like a large capacity compared to our sports stadiums that can hold upwards of 50,000 people, but it's important to remember that Greeks didn't have the ability to amplify or project sound and pictures, except through natural acoustics. It is hard to know exactly what these theaters looked like in the sixth century BC because many of the original ruins were covered up when later theaters were built on top of them. The stage was a circle about twenty meters in diameter (about sixty-five feet), 12 and the seats surrounded the site stage on three sides and continued upward and outward.

Although spectators in online the upper sections probably couldn't see the actors and chorus very well, if at all, no one had any trouble hearing the actors because of the amazing acoustics. Actors also had to have very strong voices. The word was extremely powerful during the time when rhetoric was born, and this is obvious seeing the Greeks' design of theatres with the priority for was everyone to site hku.hk, be able to hear during the plays. The scenery on the stage was very basicoften it was just the stage, which was built with columns and decorated in the Greek style. In Greek theatre, just as in modern theatre, both actors and chorus members wore costumessometimes both were elaborate costumes, and sometimes chorus members wore ordinary Athenian dress. Unlike modern theatre, everyone on stage wore masks that covered the whole head.

Scholars aren't sure exactly what the masks' purpose was, but they speculate that it might have been to help male actors play female characters. Looking? I would also guess that part of the function was to make the thesis actors' features larger so that people far away could see the faces. The costumes had the same purpose that costumes have today; however, that is really the only extravagance in Greek theatre. For most of my students, it's almost impossible to imagine watching a play in purdue page which there are no special effects, no lights, and hku.hk practically no scenery. I want them to essay, understand, however, that for the Greeks, this was the highest form of entertainment and that most people went to plays and enjoyed them. Ordinary Athenians were often cast in chorus roles, so it could be said that they had a stake in going to thesis, see other plays. Often people would remember lines and sing them, just as we sing songs from the radio and even Broadway musicals. We will be looking at images from the nineteenth century that attempt to recreate the stage and costumes of ancient Greece. Tragedy is purdue owl research a specific type of drama, and site hku.hk it has very specific characteristics.

There could only be three actors on teach critical thinking nursing, the stage at one time, and the chorus was made up of twelve to fifteen people (Sophocles raised the number to fifteen). Only men could act in hku.hk tragedies (or any Greek performance, for that matter). Tragedies were written in verse, and actors would either say or sing their lines. The chorus usually sang and purdue owl research danced between actors' lines. 13 In ancient Greece, the thesis site playwright was a choreographer and purdue owl research a composer in addition to being a playwright. He choreographed the thesis site dances for the chorus as well as composing the music that the chorus sang. Teach Thinking? 14 (add citation) Unlike today, when a playwright or a screenwriter will do only the writing and leave the site music and movement to someone else or more likely to many others, the looking book review Greek playwright did all of these jobs, and he did them all at the same time, since the movements and the tempo of the song depended on the words the chorus was singing. The only musical accompaniments were the aulos , which is a double-reeded instrument, 15 and sometimes a harp-type instrument. There were fairly strict rules for thesis hku.hk, writing a tragedy.

All main characters in bibliography tragedies had to be nobles, although sometimes they were disguised as beggars or some other unfortunate character. Gods often showed up in tragedies, not as physical characters necessarily but sometimes intervening on site hku.hk, behalf of a character or criticizing others. The English word tragedy often refers to horrible events; and although this can also be true in Greek tragedies, Oedipus Rex for example, Greek tragedies don't always end sadly, contrary to grade essay questions, popular high school belief. They sometimes have a happy ending, but it's usually after something horrible almost happens, for example, in Euripides' Ion , a mother and son nearly kill each other, but the tragedy is averted at the last minute. Some tragedies, for example, reunite families, as in Euripides' Ion and Iphigenia among the Taurians . 16. The chorus played an integral role in the Greek theatre. The closest translation to the concept of directing a play translates roughly in Greek to teach a chorus. This in itself offers evidence of the centrality of the chorus to the drama.

It was the director's job to teach normal Athenians how to sing and thesis hku.hk dance as members of the chorus, and doing so was probably more work than directing actors who already had some training. Young Goodman? In the brief history that I share with students, I will be focusing specifically on the chorus' role in tragedies and even more specifically on its role in Oedipus Rex . Hku.hk? The chorus had a few different purposes. One of their jobs was to provide background information that the spectator would need to know at the beginning of the play. This is not the case in Oedipus Rex ; it is actually the priest whose sole function in goodman setting essay the play seems to thesis site hku.hk, be giving the audience background information. The chorus can also function as the backup singers, in a sense. Young Brown Setting? They often repeat what the thesis hku.hk actors are saying. The first time we see the chorus in thinking nursing this play, they are calling on the gods to help their poor city and describing just how bad things are in Thebes due to a plague. Although the priest has just told Oedipus practically the same thing, it's the thesis hku.hk chorus' job to reinforce for the audience the seriousness of the issues in the play.

The chorus also provides opinions and points of view about the action in online the play. Daniels and Scully note that the thesis chorus is often on a different plane; differentiated from the specific concerns and incidents of the action. 17 Often the chorus may be commenting on something that is happening in the action, but it could also be a comment that doesn't exactly relate to the current actions. A modern-day example to look at is the Broadway musical Rent , 18 during which, in some songs, the looking book review chorus is thesis site not singing about the action at hand, but rather expressing a supporting or sometimes opposing view than that of the lead singers. The song La Vie Boheme is a good example: in bibliography and thesis statement one scene the actors/singers are having dinner together, and the chorus is singing about different people and the different preferences they have. Thesis Hku.hk? The message the chorus is sending while the characters are dining and supposedly celebrating, is that people are different, and it's not always easy to get along, but we're all human. This may not be a perfect example, and the content is very different to Oedipus Rex , but it helps explain why the chorus can be difficult for my high-school students to easy jobs, read and to integrate the messages of the chorus into the rest of the action. The chorus did essentially (with a few important differences, of site, course) what a chorus in a contemporary Broadway musical doessings and dances to music. The chorus stood together on purdue, the stage with the other three actors (the most permitted by Greek rules of drama to be on stage at one time). 19 Usually the chorus was the communal voice, meaning that although there was more than one person singing, they all had the same opinion. Hku.hk? The chorus always stayed physically near each other, in paper cover the center of the stage, and when they moved, everyone moved together.

In tragedies there could be one leader who could break away from the group and interact directly with characters. The purpose of this character (who is simply titled chorus in thesis the text, as opposed to strophe and antistrophe see below for more information) is to give advice to one of the characters. Those are some of the easier lines of the chorus for students to understand because the language is clear and the intent is looking book review essays straightforward. Aside from the leader who interacts with the actors, the hku.hk chorus is usually structured in what are known as strophic pairs. The first part is called the strophe , and the second part is called the antistrophe . 20 These words in Greek literally mean turn and turn against.

The chorus would dance across the stage while singing the easy online jobs strophe and then turn around and thesis come back across during the antistrophe . Critical? This is an interesting part of the play and I wasn't able to find out if there was symbolism for thesis site hku.hk, this act, or if it was just to add movement and dance. Some of the time these pairs present different points of statement, view, and thesis site this can make it more difficult for students to keep up. I've talked about the difficulty for young essay, students to understand the messages and point-of-view of the chorus. I want to take a strophic pair and discuss in more detail some of the site difficulties students may have. The first time we hear from the bibliography and thesis statement chorus in Oedipus Rex is thesis hku.hk directly after Creon returns from the god Apollo with Apollo's message about how to bibliography and thesis statement, save the city of Thebes from plague and ruin: Strophe What is the thesis site sweet spoken word of God from the shrine of Pytho rich in gold that has come to easy, glorious Thebes? I am stretched on the rack of doubt, and terror and trembling hold my heart, O Delian Healer, and I worship full of fears for site hku.hk, what doom you will bring to pass, new or renewed in the revolving years. Speak to me, immortal voice, child of golden Hope. Looking Book Review Essays? Antistrophe First I call on you, Athene, deathless daughter of Zeus, and Artemis, Earth Upholder, who sits in the midst of the market place in site the throne which men call Fame, and Phoebus, the Far Shooter, three averters of Fate, come to us now, if ever before, when ruin rushed upon the state, you drove destruction's flame away out of our land. 21. Students understand that the entire play is written in verse, but the strophic pairs are generally in more flowery and obscure verse than the actors' lines are.

As soon as students see words that they don't know or understand, they begin to lose motivation. The strophe is reacting to the news from Apollo and in some ways foreshadowing the events to come when it says, I am stretched on the rack of doubt, and it then uses words that express fear and foreboding, like terror and trembling and full of fears and doom. This may seem quite apparent, but the language is full of metaphor and allusion, and this can be difficult for students to understand. The antistrophe is calling on the gods to help them. This presents a problem for students who haven't learned the names and stories of the gods being written about, especially because their myth or story has an impact on the meaning. Why does Sophocles pick these specific gods? If students haven't had the opportunity to learn about Greek myths, they have a harder time making the connections that they need to make in order to understand these messages. This strophic pair comes at the beginning of the tragedy, but many that come later only increase in difficulty, so it is apparent that the focus on the chorus is essential. The structure of a tragedy is divided into six parts: exposition, complication, discoveries and online reversals, peripeteia , climax and thesis denouement.

Oedipus Rex fits into this structure perfectly, giving it amazing economy in terms of plot and purpose. The structure plays a big role in the form of the tragedy, and it's worthwhile to look at the summary of the play in book review terms of this structure. Many tragedies, including Oedipus Rex , are based on traditional legend. Thesis Site? 22 The name translates to Oedipus the King. Grade Questions? The Oedipus myth, as it is known, is the basic story that we see in Sophocles' version. Different playwrights, however, would add or change certain details, so that audiences in Athens knew the general story before the performance but didn't know exactly how Sophocles would present it, therefore provoking interest. We can easily relate to hku.hk, this in purdue owl research paper page our modern worldfilmmakers often remake a classic with a new twist or remake it in a very similar way, but the audience is still very interested in seeing the remake, especially if they've seen the original. Oedipus Rex is the thesis story of a man who becomes the jobs king of Thebes after solving the riddle of the Sphinx, who had taken over the city.

The riddle the Sphinx asks is: what crawls on four legs in the morning, two at noon, and thesis hku.hk three in the evening? Oedipus thinks a bit and then gives the correct answer: man. The fascinating part of this story is that Oedipus never actually says the statement answer. Thesis Site Hku.hk? As he's hemming and hawing over the riddle, he strokes his beard with his hand. And Thesis Statement? The sphinx takes this motion to mean that Oedipus is pointing at thesis hku.hk, himself, thus answering her question. Teach? She is defeated and the city of Thebes is given to him. This image and thesis hku.hk explanation make sense to the reader because Oedipus is never portrayed as an setting especially intelligent man. This image is site also very important to teach critical thinking, my unit because there is another image of Oedipus stroking his beard during the scene when he finds out the truth about his life, although he isn't ready to accept it until the last shred of evidence is shown to hku.hk, him. He strokes his beard as if to symbolically say, it's me; I'm Laius' killer. Once Oedipus is the king of Thebes, he marries its Queen, Jocasta, who had been married to Laius before he was killed.

They have a family, and Oedipus rules contentedly until the opening of Sophocles' play. The tragedy opens on easy online, the scene of the priest asking Oedipus to help his people, who are suffering from the plague. Oedipus says he has already sent Creon, Jocasta's brother, to the god Apollo to find out how he can save the city. This is the exposition. When Creon returns he relays Apollo's news that in order to save the site hku.hk city, they must find and bring to purdue owl research paper cover, justice the man or men who killed the former king, Laius. Oedipus vows to find whoever it was and immediately starts an investigation by asking questions about Laius' death. This is the complication in the story that starts the chain reaction of questions and thesis answers that lead to the inevitable truth that he has unwittingly killed his father and married his mother. There are a number of reversals and discoveries leading up to the last moment of suspense. For example, Teresias the prophet tells Oedipus that he is the bibliography and thesis statement murderer, but Oedipus doesn't believe him and ends up fighting with Creon. Another discovery happens when Jocasta tells Oedipus the site story of Laius being killed at a crossroads.

Jocasta tries to counsel and comfort Oedipus, and while trying to make him feel better about the prophecy he has heard, she tells him that Laius also received a prophecy that he would be killed by his son. The fact that as the story goes, Laius was killed by brown setting a band of people at a crosswords tells her that the prophecy couldn't possibly have been true. Site Hku.hk? However, this is probably the worst news for Oedipus because he knows that he once killed a man at teach thinking, a crossroads. Thesis Hku.hk? Even though this might seem like enough information to convince the audience, Oedipus, who is bibliography still in denial, calls for the herdsman who was with Laius when he was killed. The major reversal, or peripeteia in Greek, happens when a messenger arrives from Corinth with the news that Oedipus' father is dead. The messenger then goes on to explain that Oedipus isn't the true son of Polybus. He explains that he was ordered to take Laius and thesis Jocasta's son to the mountains and kill him so that the prophey given to Laius that his son would kill him wouldn't be fulfilled. Teach Critical Thinking Nursing? He tells them that he didn't kill the child, but instead gave him to another shepherd who then gave the child to the king and thesis hku.hk queen of Corinth. (We find out later that this shepherd was also the one who was with Laius when he was killed.) The messenger thinks this is critical good news, for it means that Oedipus can return to Corinth without fear of marrying his mother, because she isn't his real mother.

The tragic irony is site that in telling Jocasta and Oedipus this good news, Jocasta realizes that Oedipus is in bibliography and thesis fact her son. This is enough for Jocasta, and she goes into her room and hangs herself. Oedipus needs to know the final details from the shepherd who has been summoned and site hku.hk describes the death of Laius, before he can admit the truth, and this is the climax of the tragedy. Very soon after comes the purdue owl research paper anagnorisis , which in Greek refers to the big discoveryobviously this is Oedipus' discovery that he has unknowingly killed his father and married his mother. Site? Some scholars add in the moment of catastrophe, a word that literally means fall down, to describe the teach critical nursing reported suicide of Jocasta and Oedipus' act of blinding himself. There is also the heartbreaking scene with his two daughters that fits in thesis site hku.hk the catastrophe. Finally, we see the denouement , or the resolution, when Oedipus exiles himself and teach critical thinking leaves Thebes. Many of the images that you may want to use in this unit are easiest to find doing a Google image search. For the vase painting images described in the section above can be found by searching Oedipus Rex beard vase painting. The image is a circular painting that is from the Etruscan Museum in the Vatican. The image of Oedipus and Jocasta can be found by searching on site, Google Image for Oedipus messenger.

The image shows Oedipus and an old man in teach thinking nursing the center and then Jocasta is off to site, the left, while two small children are on the right and left of Oedipus. To find images of productions of Oedipus Rex Google image search Oedipus Rex stage production or Oedipus Rex production chorus to find images of the and thesis statement chorus specifically. Thesis Site? Most songs to Broadway musicals are available on YouTube, including La Vie Boheme and Oklahoma! In order to fulfill my goals and objectives with this unit, I'm planning on bibliography, employing a number of different strategies with my students. In regards to my objectives for class discussion, I'll use a few different discussion strategies, including small-group and thesis hku.hk whole-class discussions. I will also employ fishbowl discussions, during which students sit in a circle surrounded by book review another circle of students. Only students in the center can discuss, and thesis students on the outside take notes on the discussion. Students then switch places. Both group and small-group discussions will be used, to give students an opportunity to share and learn in a whole-class style as well as in small group in order to setting, allow students who generally don't like to talk in front of the whole class an opportunity to share.

These small groups will also serve as Literature discussion groups. which give students the opportunity to talk in small groups about what they are reading. Each member of the group is hku.hk assigned a role that rotates weekly: discussion director, literary illuminary, vocabulary enricher, summarizer, and connector. These roles give students a responsibility within the group they are in and a reason to participate. This strategy also helps give a voice to young brown essay, shy students who might normally not participate in whole-class discussions. These small groups would then return for a whole-group discussion on what they'd talked about. Thesis Site? 23. In order to address my objectives for student writing, I will be employing several strategies including timed writes. This strategy helps students prepare for the AP Literature exam they all take at the end of the year. I give students a surprise prompt related to critical thinking, the text we are reading, and site they have thirty minutes to construct and write an essay that answers the prompt. Most likely I will give them prompts about the main purpose and critical thinking message of the chorus; I may also create a prompt that asks them about hku.hk, interpreting the play using both a modern and essay questions ancient Greek viewpoint.

I will also be utilizing direct instruction as a strategy to support student writing and vocabulary. This will appear as a short lecture or PowerPoint presentation. I will use this strategy to hku.hk, give them specific vocabulary words that they will need throughout the unit, for example, dramatic irony, strophe , antistrophe , tragedy, etc. I will also use this strategy in a power point presentation to show students what a theatre in ancient Greek looked like, and statement what aspects make up a Greek tragedy. One last strategy involves taking a longer passage and distilling it down to the main message by thesis asking students to restate the passage as a tweet, in no more than twenty-five words. This both engages my students, since many of them are active tweeters, and it requires them to interpret the passage in a clear, concise manner. Tweets will be voted on goodman essay, to decide which tells the message most clearly to add a competitive edge to the activity. Another objective of this unit is to help students make connections, both with other types of literature and with other types of performance. One strategy I will use is to compare and contrast Oedipus Rex with modern Broadway musicals.

Students will look at specific aspects of both and discuss the similarities and thesis hku.hk differences. I will constantly be helping students make connections with the text we are reading and asking them to make their own connections. These connections will help them more deeply understand the looking review messages in thesis hku.hk the text and it will also help them write with more expertise in their essays. In a similar spirit of comparing and contrasting, students will be analyzing two images side-by-side and book review essays take notes. These notes will aid them in our discussion after the viewing. Depending on site hku.hk, the subject and young the day, we will have small-group or whole class-discussions. The point of this strategy is to compare and contrast (as with an image from thesis site, a traditional Greek production and a modern Broadway musical) or to try to discover the and thesis theme between the two images (as with two images of Oedipus Rex in two different scenes). This activity will likely take two hundred-minute class periods. Thesis Site Hku.hk? In this activity, students will work with a group and one or two strophic pairs from the text. They will have already read the entire play, so they have the background knowledge necessary to do the activity.

Once students have their strophic pairs, they will begin to analyze them. They will need to do this with the grade full text so that they have all the necessary context in order to site hku.hk, analyze the verses of the chorus. Before beginning the activity, we will make a list of questions as a class that will help in analyzing the strophic pairs. I will take input from the class, but I'm imagining the questions will be similar to: Are there allusions present in online the ode? Are there metaphors in the ode? What are they and site what are they referring to? What is the point of view of the bibliography statement chorus? What other literary devices are present and what is their purpose?

Student will come up with other helpful questions as a class. Once students have worked together to analyze the strophic pairs and answer the questions set out, they will work together to create a visual depiction of the strophic pair or pairs. (Students will have two that appear chronologically in the text, so that it goes in the correct order.) This visual could be anything from a scene in a comic book to a poster that shows a series of images that explain the verses. Doing this will help each group of students reach a better understanding of their parts of the chorus, and they will also need to work together to decide what type of visualization will work best to explain the verses. Thesis Site? This discussion will hopefully lead to bibliography statement, an even better understanding of the verses. After all of the visuals have been created, we will create a gallery of all of the visuals in the order that they appear in the play.

At this point, we'll do a gallery walk in which students walk around and look at each strophic pair and the visual that was created with it in order. While they are doing this, they will write down parts that are more understandable now, surprising discoveries, and questions that they still have. Finally, we will have a whol- class discussion about the activity and thesis students will have a chance to cover, bring up the hku.hk questions they still have and ask each other questions about other groups' visuals. This activity can be done in one class period, but I will most likely complete it a few times throughout the unit using different images. This activity involves showing students two images side-by-side. Review? I may show students one image first and then add in the second image depending on the content. There are quite a few images available online that I'm planning to use with this activity. There are two images of Oedipus stroking his beard that are described in the section called Oedipus Rex . There are two vase paintings that illustrate these images. (See resources.) In both, Oedipus is stroking his beard, although they depict two very different scenes. Oedipus regards the thesis site Sphinx in one, and in the other he is depicted with a herdsman, Jocasta and their two daughters, Antigone and Ismene. I will ask students to look first at essay, the image with Oedipus and the Sphinx and site take five minutes to jobs, write as much as they can about the image.

They can write what they see, what they think it means, anything. After the hku.hk five minutes we will discuss in class what they wrote down. Next I will show them the setting essay other image of Oedipus with his family, presumably when he and thesis site Jocasta find out the news from the first messenger. I won't give any information to the students, and again they will have five minutes to essay, write down their interpretations, observations, and anything else they see. Again we will discuss the image with the class. At this point I will show students the site images side-by-side, and I will again have them write for easy online jobs, five minutes. I will ask them to write about how the images interact with each other, or to compare and contrast them, or to write about what they mean together. We will then discuss again as a class, and at the end of the discussion I will have students write the site opening sentence to an essay they would write about the two images. (I probably won't have them actually write the essay, but it's a great way to practice thesis statements.) There are other images that I will do the same activity with, including images of different types of productions of Oedipus Rex as well as images of Oedipus that are very different from the two that I have described above. The point of this activity is to help students make connections with art that is relevant to the unit. It also helps students practice looking at bibliography statement, and analyzing art. It will also show them that there are different ways to interpret literature.

It also helps them practice writing, an activity that is very helpful for students preparing for the AP exam. This will be the culminating activity of the unit. I will divide the class into two groups of sixteen students each. Each group will pick an excerpt of the play that they will prepare and act out. Thirteen (since we don't have enough for fifteen) of the students will be the thesis chorus and the other three students will be the actors.

The task is to change the original language into modern language but to keep all of the meaning and the messages intact. The length will need to be about one act. Students will have to work together to divide up the looking for alibrandi book review essays act and interpret and change the language into a modern style. I'm planning this as the site culminating activity because at this point they hopefully have a good handle on the play as well as on the messages of the young goodman setting essay chorus. This activity pulls together the chorus-chunking activity as well as all of the work they will have done in class interpreting the play. Once they have changed the site hku.hk language, they will turn their versions in to me so I can be sure they have understood and kept the meaning of the purdue paper original text. Thesis Site Hku.hk? Finally, they will practice their lines and perform their act for the rest of the class. Bibliography: Resources for Teachers and Students. Bloom, Harold.

Oedipus Rex . Updated ed. New York: Infobase Pub., 2007. This is one of the foremost collections of interpretations of the brown setting text. This would be probably most helpful to teachers, but would also be helpful for students. Daniels, Charles B., and Sam Scully. Hku.hk? What Really Goes on in Sophocles' Theban plays. Grade Questions? Lanham, MD: University Press of America, 1996.

This is a very helpful book for both teachers and students. Thesis Hku.hk? It covers the history and looking for alibrandi book review goes into the themes of the three plays as well as looking at Greek viewpoints. Frey, Nancy, and Douglas Fisher. Teaching Visual Literacy: Using Comic Books, Graphic Novels, Anime, Cartoons, and thesis More to Develop Comprehension and Thinking Skills . Thousand Oaks, CA: Corwin Press, 2008. This book would be very helpful to a teacher looking to use more images in her classroom. Grene, David.Sophocles I: Oedipus the King, Oedipus at Colonus, Antigone.

2nd ed. Chicago, IL: University of easy, Chicago Press, 1991. Harsh, Philip Whaley. A Handbook of Classical Drama,. Thesis? Stanford University, Calif.: Stanford University Press, 1944. This book describes specifically the teach history of Greek tragedy (among other forms of classical drama) and goes into detail about every aspect of Greek tragedy.

Howells, Richard. Visual Culture. 2nd ed. Malden, MA: Blackwell Publishers, 2003. Thesis Hku.hk? This is a very interesting book that talks a lot about art as well as hermeneutics. Langer, J. A. Beating The Odds: Teaching Middle And High School Students To Read And Write Well. American Educational Research Journal 38, no. 4 (2001): 837-880. This article is about a study done in teach American high schools that looks at how teachers teach reading and thesis writing. It has great ideas for strategies that work well. Papapostolou, A. Purdue Owl Research? Oedipus Rex Theatre Performance in thesis site hku.hk Pakistan, Greek World Reporter.

Jan., 2009. http://world.greekreporter.com/2011/01/09/%E2%80%9Coedipus-rex-play-in-pakistan/ This article has an image of a production of Oedipus Rex that is very interesting and nursing would be great to discuss with students. Puppi, Lionello. Il Teatro Olimpico. Vicenza: Pozza, 1963. This book has many photos and information about the Olympic Theatre, which was designed to look as close as possible to theaters of thesis site hku.hk, Ancient Greece. This will be very helpful for bibliography, classroom materials. Scodel, Ruth. An Introduction to Greek Tragedy. New York: Cambridge University Press, 2010. This book is a very comprehensive guide to the history and all aspects of Greek tragedy.

Sheehan, Sean. Sophocles' Oedipus the K ing: a Reader's Guide . London: Continuum, 2012. This book has several essays that are extremely helpful for site, both students and teachers. Common Core Standards. Cite strong and thorough textual evidence to support analysis of what the text says explicitly as well as inferences drawn from the text, including determining where the text leaves matters uncertain. We will be focusing on this standard throughout this unit, especially since the messages from the chorus can be confusing. Teach Critical? Students will be looking directly at the text for evidence in the text as well as making inferences when the text is confusing or uncertain.

Determine two or more themes or central ideas of a text and analyze their development over the course of the text, including how they interact and build on one another to produce a complex account; provide an thesis site objective summary of the text. This will be one of the main goals in this unitalthough we are focusing on the chorus, we are doing so in order to interpret the main messages in the text. Students will write an essay that both summarizes the text and looks at the main messages and analyzes how they interact with one another. Analyze how an easy jobs author's choices concerning how to structure specific parts of a text (e.g., the choice of where to thesis site hku.hk, begin or end a story, the choice to provide a comedic or tragic resolution) contribute to its overall structure and meaning as well as its aesthetic impact. Students will be studying the structure of tragedy and how it affects the action and theme in the play Oedipus Rex . 1. Daniels and Scully, What Really Goes on in Sophocles' Theban plays?, xii.

2. Scodel, An introduction to Greek tragedy, 4. 3. William Moebius, Introduction to picturebook codes. Word Image 2, no. 2 (1986): 148. 4. Oklahoma, Musical, written by Richard Rogers and Oscar Hammerstein (1943; New York City: Broadway), Live. 5. Joseph Roach, interviewed by Sara Delman, July 10, 2013. 6. Looking? Scodel, An Introduction to Greek Tragedy, 2.

7. Daniels and Scully, What Really Goes on in Sophocles', xiv. 8. Scodel, An Introduction to Greek tragedy, 3. 9. Harsh, A Handbook of Classical Drama, 4. 10. Scodel, An Introduction to Greek Tragedy, 12. 12. Daniels and Scully, What Really Goes on in Sophocles', xii. 13. Scodel. An Introduction to thesis, Greek Tragedy, 3.

14. Harsh, A Handbook of Classical Drama, 5. 17. Daniels and book essays Scully, What Really Goes on in Sophocles', xii. 18. Rent, Musical, written and directed by Jonathan Larson (1994; New York City: New York Theatre Workshop), Live. 19. Scodel, An Introduction to Greek Tragedy, 3. 23. J. Thesis? A. Langer. Beating The Odds: Teaching Middle And High School Students To Read And Write Well.

American Educational Research Journal 38, no. 4 (2001): 859. Janell Smith (Francis Marion University, Florence, SC) I am currently taking a freshman level literature course at Francis Marion. We are studying the play Oedipus the King. During my research I happened upon this site. I found it to be very useful to grade questions, me as a student and can see that it would be even more useful to an educator. Thesis? I am surprised this is the first comment. I believe there are ways to get this website introduced more broadly. Essay? This should be the priority. Having great info with no audience is worse than a waste of time.

THANK YOU your feedback is very important to us! Give Feedback. © 2017, Yale National Initiative, Yale University, All Rights Reserved | Terms of Use.

Buy Essays Online from Successful Essay -
HKU Scholars Hub: HKU Theses on Amazon and other online retailers

The Punishment of Female Rebellion in site ‘the Bacchae’ and ‘Macbeth’ To be a woman is to be submissive. Teach? Such is the case in regards to thesis site hku.hk gender roles in both Euripides’s The Bacchae and in William Shakespeare’s Macbeth. In both tragedies, women are expected to be weak and delicate, keeping to all but house chores and purdue, childrearing. Also in both tragedies are female characters who break the confines of their gender roles, giving opportunity for the play to present terrifying implications and consequences of this rebellion from femininity. Agave, from The Bacchae, and Lady Macbeth, from Macbeth, are examples of these women who disrupt the established role of thesis hku.hk, women in paper cover page their respective plays to only end up creating chaos, which in turn, could only thesis hku.hk be solved with the weakening and removal of these unconventional women. The two both exhibit themes of female rebellion and the play responds to the theme in almost identical ways. In both plays, the theme of bibliography, female rebellion is presented with women who are ultimately punished for straying from thesis site hku.hk conventionally established idea of being a woman, leading one to teach critical thinking nursing realize the plays’ favor for thesis site traditional gender roles.

Need essay sample on The Punishment of Female Rebellion in ‘the Bacchae’ and ‘Macbeth’ ? We will write a custom essay sample specifically for you for looking for alibrandi book essays only $12.90/page. This favoring of the established traditional gender roles is evident in the plays’ transitions in imagery used to define the characters, the character’s deteriorating relationships, and their eventual downfall due to madness with Agave and Lady Macbeth being the examples of the punishing of female rebellion. Site Hku.hk? Progressive imagery in bibliography statement the plays indicate a correlation with women who break traditional roles and thesis site, ultimate succumbing to madness, as both Agave and Lady Macbeth both become associated with progressively more objectionable imagery. In the case of essay, Agave in The Bacchae, she was initially presented regally as a “queen” of a kingdom. Hku.hk? However, after she left to frolic and become one of the Bacchae, exiting her traditional role as a housewife, she is depicted in a much different manner. What is purdue owl research paper cover regal eventually becomes sickening. For example, she is described as being part of a group that is “ripping a fat, young, lowing calf apart” and “dripping blood and gore” (909). Once she leaves her traditional female role, the play paints her in a negative light. From being one of the members of the royal family, she transitions to a frenzied animalistic state.

Here, “ripping a… calf apart” creates savage, grotesque, and thesis hku.hk, ultimately unappealing image that results in jobs the play painting her in a bad light. The “dripping blood and gore” only does more to reinforce the unattractive and distasteful images and qualities that the play associates with those who break gender norms. Site Hku.hk? It is as if the play is questions punishing Agave’s character for her being unorthodox, as the change in associated imagery correlates with her changing of hku.hk, gender roles. Such is even more apparent as the animalistic imagery continues. Agave is later described as “foaming at easy online the mouth, eyes rolling in their sockets, … possessed, in a Bacchic frenzy” (1391). The animalistic nature of the previous quote has now evolved into a state of bestial madness. Agave “foaming at the mouth” creates a violent, diseased image while her demonic eyes in “a Bacchic frenzy” generates the site, idea that she is in a unnatural state of possessed rage.

Such ultimately paints Agave in a bad light, as, connotatively, being ascribed qualities of a possessed feral beast is critical negative. It can be concluded from the examples of Agave being depicted as a feral animal that it is hku.hk implied that the losing of one’s traditionally feminine side translates to one’s losing of rational thought and essay, control over their bodies, and thus inferring the play’s rejection of female rebellion. Similarly, Lady Macbeth displays the same patterns in Macbeth. Like Agave, Lady Macbeth transitions from good to relatively bad light with a progression of associated imagery. With Lady Macbeth inherently breaking the thesis hku.hk, role of the traditional female at her first appearance, she, instead of going through a transition, is immediately branded and portrayed as a negative figure through associated imagery. She, instead of being submissive to statement her husband, is manipulative by nature and demanding. For her lust of power and position, the play, in turn, paints her in a bad light. For instance, Lady Macbeth instructs her husband, “Look like th’ innocent flower but be the serpent under it,” alluding to the biblical satanic serpent (Iv, 57). In this metaphor, her husband represents the flower with Lady Macbeth taking on the role of the serpent in this metaphor and with it, the serpent’s satanic and manipulative characteristics.

Not only is the simple image of thesis site, a snake unsettling to review most, it creates notions of danger and hku.hk, evil, aspects commonly associated with the reptile, to be inferred in association with Lady Macbeth. To reinforce the easy, negative attributes given to her, Lady Macbeth’s presents grotesque images that ultimately result in her being a repugnant character. For example, when describing a smiling baby, she notes that she would have “pluck’d [her] nipple from his boneless gums, and dash’d the brains out” (Ivii, 58). “Boneless gums” and “[dashing] brains out” only disconcert readers with its horrific connotation. Site? The literal image of one bashing the brains out goodman setting, of an innocent infant heavily reinforces the idea that the character of Lady Macbeth is being punished by the play for her breaking of gender roles. Through pathos and the image of site, killing an looking for alibrandi review essays, infant, Lady Macbeth conveys an offensive idea to the readers, further shoving her into a perceived bad light. While she is demonstrating qualities not befitting of a woman (attempting to be tough), the play draws parallels between that with upsetting images in her dialogue, making her character ultimately unlikable. The change in associated imagery affect perceptions of Lady Macbeth correlate with the breaking of gender roles. As evident, like Agave in The Bacchae, the play punishes women who stray from gender norms by presenting them in an ultimately bad light, making them distasteful to reader. Along with the progressive imagery associated with Agave and thesis site, Lady Macbeth is the progressive state of relationships they have with other characters, as they deteriorate in response to both character’s unconventional gender roles.

In the case of Agave, she and her son Pentheus make a good example. With Agave, her son is at first proud of his regal mother. When introducing himself, he declares, “I am Pentheus, son of Agave and Echion” following a statement claiming “power” (633-635). The context of the review essays, quote suggests that Pentheus uses his mother’s name as a way of solidifying his perceived power, therefore making her a rhetorical anchor for ethos. In other words, Pentheus, after claiming to have power, uses his mother’s ethos to solidify it. Site Hku.hk? This puts Agave into an initial position of good light and respect, in teach critical nursing addition to implying her strong ethos and relatively good relationship she has with Pentheus. Site? This changes after Agave’s dismissal of her traditional role as a woman.

Soon after her leaving for the Bacchic rituals, Pentheus deems her and the women involved collectively as “a great insult to all the Greeks” and even goes as far as noting that they deserve “a slaughter” (951, 973). Pentheus consciously knows his mother is grade questions a part of this group and yet, he not only deems them an “insult” to society but calls for site their deaths because of their actions. The transition of her relationship with Pentheus from good to bad is apparent here, as the diction of the words used is in cover stark contrast to the context of the thesis site hku.hk, previous quote. Agave goes from being held high and being used as an anchor for ethos to being a complete embarrassment to her son and nation. Her being an “insult” infers her being undesirable and purdue owl research, her son wanting her “slaughter” only strengthens that idea exponentially. Consequently, Agave’s relationship with other characters took a nosedive once she left for the Bacchae. Thesis Site Hku.hk? Agave’s relationship with her son ultimately ends horrifically with her “in a Bacchic frenzy,… ripping off chunks of Pentheus’s flesh,” tragically killing her child (1394-1400).

It is grade questions also noted that she does so with Dionysus “[putting] power into thesis hku.hk those hands of hers” (1397). Since Dionysus is the representation of the bibliography, breaking of the traditional, it can be inferred that it was that that causes the tragic end to Agave’s relationship with her son. It can be argued that, the “power” being put into thesis her hands is looking for alibrandi review essays not the frenzied state, but the breaking of traditional femininity. Similar to site hku.hk how Agave’s portrayal through associated imagery plunges from a regal queen to a frenzied animal, her relationship with her son also takes a critical blow, as she, at looking for alibrandi the end of the day, kills him with her own bare hands. It can be inferred from her now shattered relationship that the play punishes characters through their relationships. Hku.hk? Presenting consequence to being untraditionally feminine perpetuates the for alibrandi review, idea that the thesis site hku.hk, play, itself, is set against young brown setting essay female rebellion. As with Agave’s tragic relationship with Pentheus, Lady Macbeth’s relationship with her husband deteriorates in the course of the play, due to her exhibiting untraditional gender roles.

Like how Agave was respected by Pentheus at the start of The Bacchae, Lady Macbeth is respected by hku.hk her husband at this point. At first, Lady Macbeth has a good relationship with Macbeth, where she has a say in decisions. However, she eventually exhibits manipulative and controlling qualities while playing the dominant role in her marriage with Macbeth. She goes as far as to easy online jobs taunt him by saying “When you durst do it, then you were a man” (Ivii, 49). The context and chastising tone of the hku.hk, quote suggests that Lady Macbeth is scolding her husband through emasculation, suggesting that she instead plays the role of manipulator and claims the governing position in their relationship by not just telling him. what to do but also degrading him in the process. It is this unfeminine behavior that hurts Lady Macbeth. Her dominant role is reversed later in the play, as a result of the power. When making the next decision, Lady Macbeth had no idea or control over young goodman brown setting it. Thesis Hku.hk? Lady Macbeth is looking review essays not even aware of the decision, as Macbeth tells her to “be innocent of the knowledge, dearest chuck, till thou applaud the deed” (IIIii, 47).

With Macbeth essentially telling his wife that it is better for thesis hku.hk her not to know of his business, he strips all power from his wife. Macbeth does not even bother telling her of his business, in looking book review essays stark contrast to Lady Macbeth having a role in the decision making. Lady Macbeth, coming from a position of significance, is now reduced to irrelevance, thus making the transition from a relatively good relationship to a relatively bad one. Fundamentally, Macbeth is taking away power from site hku.hk his wife by grade essay questions making her insignificant and irrelevant in their relationship. Thesis Hku.hk? It can be argued that the thinking, play is condemning Lady Macbeth for her exhibiting of non-feminine roles , as her deteriorating relationship with Macbeth correlates with her initial breaking of gender roles. Just as in the case with Agave and Pentheus, Lady Macbeth demonstrates a deteriorating relationship with Macbeth after the exhibiting of non-feminine qualities, reinforcing the idea that both plays punish women for doing so. In due course, being not traditionally feminine leads to both of the thesis site hku.hk, characters’ downfalls and removal from the plot, the play’s ultimate punishment. For Agave, her downfall as a result of breaking gender norms is owl research apparent through her banishment from hku.hk Greece. Here, she directly blames the straying from traditional femininity for her downfall. Once she breaks free of the Bacchic frenzy and realizes her treacherous acts, she gives blame to Dionysus and cover, regrets her decision to break gender norms. Thesis? By noting that “Dionysus destroyed [her],” Agave makes clear the point that even she believes that following Dionysus’s female rebellion was a wrong choice and that it was because of his ideology that she is reduced to her current pathetic state (1602).

The context of the quote perpetuates the play’s stance on traditional gender roles by making a woman, herself, deny female rebellion. Also, the use of the word “destroyed” not only implies Agave’s defeated state, but it also demonstrates the play’s antagonism of Dionysus and easy online, his ideology by making Agave the victim and emphasizing the site, harm and destruction that comes with breaking the conventional roles. Purdue Owl Research? In the hku.hk, end, she is removed from the online jobs, plot with her banishment with Dionysus noting, “that polluted creature, must go into perpetual banishment” (1697). Not only does the play, again, rejects the idea of female rebellion but it also provides a tragic endgame for Agave. To clarify, “polluted” in thesis this context references Agave’s mindset, having broken traditional roles. It can be inferred that the off-putting and distasteful connotation emphasizes the easy online jobs, play’s negative position on women rebelling. Also, Agave’s banishment is the end result of her dealing with female rebellion; because she steps out of what is considered normal for thesis site hku.hk a woman, she spirals down into this sociopathic route that eventually leads her to madness and ultimate banishment from society. In conjunction with her regal persona being annihilated for one of a crazed beast through imagery and the tragic killing of her son, it is safe to young brown say that female rebellion resulted in Agave’s downfall. Eventually, Lady Macbeth, too, faces a downfall; much like how Agave succumbed to thesis hku.hk madness, Lady Macbeth does the same but for guilt. While washing her hands, Lady Macbeth exclaims, “Out, damned spot! Out, I say! ” (Vi, 25).

Mad with guilt, she hallucinates, obsessing over the fact that she could not wash nonexistent blood off her hands. The tone of the brown, quote suggests anger, as the entirety is in exclamation, emphasizing her madness by hku.hk adding a sense of alarm. This is a direct consequence of her breaking gender roles. It was she who instigated the murder of Duncan and it was his death that caused her guilt, which caused her madness. Transitively, one can also say that it was because of her unconventional behavior that gave her these results, attributing the breaking gender norms as the reason. This irrational behavior, combined with sleepwalking, leads to purdue owl research paper page a doctor proclaiming that “[her] disease… is beyond… [his] practice” and that only “the divine” can help her (Vi, 12).

The gravity of her madness is realized with this quote, as even the king’s doctor could not treat Lady Macbeth, making her downfall more apparent. Ultimately, Lady Macbeth is so consumed by guilt that she falls from a unnaturally masculine female into an enfeebled woman and thesis site hku.hk, reestablish traditional gender roles by the play’s end. The play eventually puts Lady Macbeth into her place in irrelevance while Macbeth, makes all of the decisions. By play’s end, she is easy online forgotten, as when she is removed from the plot through death, her husband notes that he has no time to think of her, “She should have died hereafter; there would have been a time for such a word” (Vv, 3). Lady Macbeth’s fall from thesis grace is the end result of her dealing with female rebellion. Because she and Agave step out of what is considered normal for a woman, they spiral down a sociopathic route that eventually leads them to madness and being forgotten. With both of their madness being a direct result of her untraditional behavior, it is safe to say that female rebellion resulted in the downfall of Lady Macbeth and Agave. As evident, in online both plays, female rebellion is dealt almost identically with Agave and Lady Macbeth ultimately falling from site hku.hk grace. Both women start as regal figures, but fall into madness as a result of them exhibiting unfeminine characteristics, such as Agave joining the Bacchic rituals and Lady Macbeth manipulating her husband. The enabling of the two to leave their conventional role as a woman ultimately leads to their association with negative and distasteful images, deteriorating relationships, and downfall, resulting in nothing but horrifying destructiveness.

Falling for sociopathic behaviors, women have disgraced and humiliated themselves as a result of breaking gender norms. As such, it can be concluded that both The Bacchae and Macbeth exhibit a favor for traditional gender roles with both condemning those who break it.

Write My Paper -
HKU Scholars Hub: Home

30 Book Report Templates #038; Reading Worksheets. Reading helps students develop a strong imagination, encourages their creativity, and strengthens their analytical skills. Teachers assign a lot of book reports to ensure that students read lots of books, especially at that critical early age when they are still trying to master the thesis written word. To cut down on some of the workload, students and teachers can find a book report template to download and fill in. This gives more time to enjoy the act of reading, so students can become life long learners. A book report is typically given as an assignment to students in elementary and middle school. Students fill out a form answering basic questions about the book they were assigned to read. Brown Essay? Turning in the report serves as proof to the teacher that the student read the book and, hopefully, got something out of site it. These reports may ask students to detail what the book was about, the looking book review essays names of the main characters, what the thesis hku.hk theme of the book is, and questions, where the events are set. Some reports may ask specific questions about events or characters to ensure that the students read the book all the way through. The report can also help students understand the book better by asking them to think about its meaning and the plot.

Teachers may also hand out site worksheets for students to complete in class or as homework. These are usually limited to the earlier grades when students are still learning to read. Reading worksheets ask simple questions about the book without requiring multiple sentence answers. These questions may ask students to name a favorite character, or mention the main conflict in a few words. It’s not uncommon for the teacher to read a picture book with the class and have students fill out a worksheet afterwards. If the classroom has a bookshelf, there may also be a ‘Reading Time’ when students pick out a book to read. When they finish, the critical nursing students fill out the worksheet and submit it to their teacher. Book report forms are a popular choice of assignment for elementary school classes.

These forms make it simple for hku.hk students to easy online jobs, complete the report by filling out the thesis hku.hk worksheet. Purdue Owl Research Paper Cover Page? These sheets can be generic with standard questions, or teachers may create a unique sheet with questions specific to each different book that is assigned. These forms also help introduce students to thesis site, the idea of a book report format and show them what kind of information may be expected on longer, multi-page reports that they are expected to young brown, complete in the higher grades. Thesis Site? A form is also easier to grade, especially for teachers who have a large classroom and more assignments to go over than usual. A simple book report features a few sections that ask students to answer questions in paragraph format. These each ask students to detail a different element of the book.

All book report forms will ask for essay the title, author name, and site hku.hk, the illustrator’s name, if it is a picture book. The other elements on a simple form include: Setting – This is where the book’s events took place, i.e. New York. Characters – A list of easy who the main characters are and their names. Plot – A basic overview of the site hku.hk major events in the book. Your impressions – Whether you like the teach book or not, and why.

A simple form may also just ask the students to describe the thesis site beginning, middle, and end events of the nursing book in three questions. Students may also be expected to site hku.hk, identify the teach thinking nursing climax, which is the site hku.hk most intense point of the book where the main character’s problems are resolved or made worse. This helps get students thinking about the traditional progression of bibliography statement a plot. Eventually, teachers transition students to writing a multi-page book report. The report is usually written in a word processing software, like MS Word. Students can find book report format templates for these assignments too. These longer reports are written out in paragraph form. The teacher asks the students to address different elements of a book in their own words or with their own formatting. A simple way to organize these reports is to divide them into three basic sections, the site hku.hk introduction, main body, and cover, conclusion.

In the main body, students can create a different subheading for each element to address. For instance, Introduction – The first paragraph; includes book title, author, genre, and why you chose the book. Main Body – The middle part of the report; includes summary, theme, setting, and characters. Conclusion – A short summary of the book report and site hku.hk, opinion of the book. Purdue Owl Research Paper Cover? Difference Between The Book Report Types. The short book report form is handed out by the teacher and can be completed in one night like a homework assignment. A multi-page report is created by site the student and may take more than one night to looking, finish. Short templates are available in lots of fun book report ideas suitable for young children.

They have questions with a few lines to hand write the answers in a few short sentences. Some templates may include activities to make them more interesting to site, students, such as having them draw out a scene from the book or re-write the ending. Multi-page reports start out as two page reports and gradually increase in size through middle school and high school. Of course, those two page reports are just as difficult for bibliography and thesis statement young students as the five page reports are for high school students. Thesis Site? The great thing about these assignments is that students are usually free to organize their book report ideas however they desire. They can create bold sub-headers for the main body of the report. Students can write about the theme, characters, and setting separately. Or they can leave out the young goodman essay headers and thesis, devote their report to a specific element, such as the book theme. This allows students to weave information about characters and setting into the report where they are most relevant to the theme.

The former works well for short chapter books, and the latter is better for grade books that may feature multiple themes. Ideas for site hku.hk Different Kinds of Book Reports. Thinking Nursing? There is more than one way to complete a book report. Both teachers and students may find these creative ideas more interesting than a straightforward report. Write a review of the site book.

Create the report in essay questions the form of a newspaper or blog review. Summarize the book without giving away the plot or the ending. Talk about what made you like it or, if you hated it. Feel free to give the book a thumbs up or down rating at the end. Do a diary. Use a journal template to hku.hk, create a diary written by one of the main characters.

There should be multiple entries that follow or discuss the events of the book from that character’s point of view. Interview one of the characters. Create an imaginary interview with one of the characters in the book. Ask them questions about where they come from, why the character did something important to the plot, and what the thinking character thinks about the outcome of the events in the book. Write a newspaper article. Create an imaginary newspaper article detailing one of the major events in the book, such as a theft or an important discovery. Make sure to answer the who, what, where, when, and why of these events in your article. What To Do Once You’ve Written The Report.

When students finish writing out their book reports, they have completed what is called the “First Draft” or “Rough Draft”. This is site hku.hk just the first stage of the report, but it is the for alibrandi most difficult part. Finishing up that report in the following steps is thesis site hku.hk a lot easier. Read and mark the report. Read through the book report from beginning to critical thinking nursing, end to get a feel for it overall. Get a brightly colored pen to thesis hku.hk, mark any spelling or punctuation errors you find in the report. Young students may want to teach critical nursing, read through their reports with their parents or a tutor.

Sometimes, teachers actually make students submit a rough draft of their reports for points before the final report is site hku.hk due. The teacher reviews the draft, makes edits, and suggestions for changing the report before final submission. Make edits to the report. Go back into the report file and make the easy grammar and spelling fixes. Take a look at your teacher’s suggestions or the ideas you wrote down for things to change in the report. Create a plan to make those additions or changes. Make the changes to owl research paper cover page, the report.

Don’t forget to save your file as a separate document. For instance, save your rough draft as, Report1.doc, and this updated version as, Report2.doc. Review the report. Print out a fresh copy of the report. Read through it one more time looking for site spelling errors and grammar mistakes. Keep an eye out for spots where the text doesn’t make sense. This can sometimes happen when you add new content to a report. Bibliography And Thesis? If there are mistakes, fix them in the document file and review one more time. Your final draft is ready to print out when you can no longer find any mistakes. Book reports are a big part of the curriculum. That doesn’t mean they have to be a lot of work for the students or the teacher.

Make assigning these reports less of a hassle with these tips. Assign one book for the entire class to thesis hku.hk, read. This can cut down on the effort required in understanding submitted reports. Pick out purdue cover a short book report template to use. There is no need to use valuable time in creating one from scratch. Print out more copies of the form than are needed. Some students may lose theirs and need an thesis site extra form. Make reminder announcements when a due date approaches. Remind students at least twice before a book report due date. Keep the word count requirement low.

Teachers also have to spend more time reviewing longer reports. Consider creative alternatives to some written reports. When your curriculum includes a lot of bibliography and thesis statement book reports, give students the thesis hku.hk option of turning in a drawing, diorama, or another project as a break. Being assigned a book report to complete can seem like a daunting task, especially if if you have never written a multi-page report. Make sure you don’t fall behind on the work by following a few of these tips. Make up a reading schedule to complete the critical book well in advance of the report being due. Use a calendar to thesis, remind yourself. Assign yourself different steps to complete each night for the report, i.e. make an outline, write 200 words, or revising Ask the teacher for help with ideas if you can’t figure out young setting essay how to get started. Look for examples of completed reports to see how they are structured. Book reports vary in their length and complexity.

Elementary school students get simple, one page forms to fill in about the books they read. Those in middle school and high school usually have to write multiple page reports. Nearly all reports require students to site, talk about the plot, theme, characters, and grade, how they liked the book. Both students and teachers can find a lot of templates to use. Those looking for something generic for students to fill in after reading a book can pick up a .pdf or .jpg form.

Those who want more control over site hku.hk the look and wording of the template should download a .doc file.

Write My Paper -
Guidelines on Thesis Submission - HKU Graduate School

Free Essays on Monsoon In Kolkata. India have a monsoon type of climate? (iii) Which part of thesis India does experience the highest diurnal range of temperature and why? (iv) Which winds account for rainfall along the Malabar Coast? (v) What are jet streams and how do they affect the brown essay climate of thesis site India? (vi) Define monsoons . What do you. Definition of a Monsoon : The word monsoon is come from the easy online jobs Arabic word call “mausim which means season. The Ancient traders sailing in the Indian Ocean and adjoining Arabian Sea used it to describe a system of alternating winds which blow persistently from the northeast during the thesis site northern winter. to BBD, beyond Park Street, Kolkata , was built in essay questions 1847, in Gothic Revival style with stained glass windows and two frescoes in Florentine Renaissance style, partly rebuilt after the 1934 Calcutta Earthquake. The building itself stands on the island of attractions in thesis site Kolkata - beside the Victoria Memorial. Monsoon Onset dates and prevailing wind currents of the southwest summer and northeast winter monsoons . Cover! Regional variation in rainfall across India. Hku.hk! The monsoon season delivers four-fifths of the country's precipitation. The southwest summer monsoon , a four-month period when massive convective. ? MONSOON India is a land of seasons.

There are six seasons in India. Foue out of these are main namely summer, winter, spring and the most important monsoon . If we see, Half of the looking for alibrandi book review India depends on the monsoon season and the rains brought by it. We can say this as almost half. seventies when the company started manufacturing cosmetic products as well as Ayurvedic medicines under the brand name of Emami from a small factory in Kolkata in 1974. - Vision Mission Vision Making people healthy and thesis site hku.hk, beautiful, naturally Mission To contribute whole heartedly towards the environment. Monsoons: Monsoon and Southern Hemisphere. MONSOONS Topic sentence-“This essay will focus upon the both the beneficial and the detrimental impacts of monsoonal weather systems in nursing the Asia pacific region.” INTRODUCTION: paragraph 0 * Monsoons are an annually recurring weather phenomenon, triggered by the earth’s tilt in relation to the sun. science are the seasonal winds that usually fringe the tropics-the monsoon . Derived from the thesis Arabic word mausim, which simply means season, these winds generate seasonal rainfall patterns, most notably in southern and eastern Asia.

Monsoon is a fine term, but you'll also hear people refer to the summertime. were forced to flee their homes. Although our area was a flood-prone area, many were caught by surprise as this was not the monsoon season. Every year, the north-east monsoon would bring heavy rains to the east coast at the end of each year. Easy Jobs! However, the sudden floods in the middle of the year caused. Conditions That Helped Accentuate the Level of site Automobile Pollution. 3 District Kolkata 24Pgs(S) 24Pgs(N) Howrah Hooghly 374409 26956 82949 69919 84417 AUTOMOBILE POLLUTION conditions helped accentuate the level of automobile pollution. Rapid increase in the number of vehicles is another reason for increasing automobile pollution within the KMA.

As on 31 st March. important cooling surface. The annual low-pressure area induced by heat above Tibet as a motor of the summer monsoon was lacking. The glaciation thus caused a breaking-off of the summer monsoon with all the global-climatic consequences, e.g. the pluvials in the Sahara, the expansion of the teach thinking Thar desert. Welcome Kolcata Introduction ? ? Kolkata formerly Calcatta is the capital of the Indian state of West Bengal. Located on the east bank of thesis hku.hk Hooghly river ,it is the principle commercial ,cultural ,and educational centre of east India. As of 2011,the city had 4.5 million residents; the teach nursing urban society. Popularity of Casual Upscale Dining over Fine Dining in thesis site Kolkata. particularly in the United States. Entrepreneur Norman Brinker was the father of book essays casual dining. The big Casual Upscale Dining Establishments in Kolkata are Mc Donald’s, Flurys, KFC, Cafe Coffee Day, Arsalan, Pizza Hut, Domino’s etc.

Last February, the National Restaurant Association released. The Strategy of thesis Economic Planning. cores. Private sector investment was Rs.4100 cores. This plan was failure due to War with China in 1962 and War with Pakistan in 1965 and failures of monsoons , because of these reasons Government diverted funds foe defence purposes and the development programmes could not be properly implemented. In 1963. Calcutta or ‘ Kolkata ’ as the locals pronounce it is the city I was born and brought up in.

Kolkata also known as the “City Of Joy” is purdue paper cover located in the Eastern part of hku.hk India, by the coast of Bay of Bengal. Kolkata has all the seasons; summer, monsoons , autumn, winter and spring. Even though Kolkata is highly. Directorate General Central Public Works Department SD Unit **** F.No. Teach Critical! 56/6/2012/SD/ Dated:21.08.2012. OFFICE MEMORANDUM Subject: Lok Sabha ( Monsoon Session) Question Dy.

No 11579 for 28.08.2012 regarding “RENOVATION OF GOVERNMENT ACCOMMODATION” The undersigned is directed to thesis site hku.hk, reproduce the. Monsoon Mood Swings? India Untouched. Period. Remember the ‘Famine 1975!’ (?) - A bestseller by easy jobs William and thesis site hku.hk, Paul Paddock which had created ripples throughout the world by their comments on the underdeveloped countries especially India. Their message was loud and clear “Let the (hopeless) Indians. MONSOON IN PAKISTAN 1. Introduction. There are two main types of climates, hot and cold. In Pakistan we have both.

Today we will see hot climate. Hot climate in Pakistan starts from the month of owl research March and prevails till the hku.hk month of September. In Rahwali hot climate is coupled with moisture and that. form as a result of the low pressure belt. However global atmospheric circulation other influences on weather and climate include ocean currents, monsoon climates, and jet streams. Ocean currents are warm and cold flows of water that bring significant warmth to high latitude areas that would otherwise. Gattani (a former fast bowler who played first-class cricket for Rajasthan in Indian domestic cricket). In the first instance, I was sponsored by the Kolkata -based Young Cricketers Organization, who contributed my airfare.

Among other things, I remember the tour for the food we ate. We stayed in school. The Beauty of the Tropical Monsoon Climate. The tropical monsoon climate is found in those regions where there is a complete seasonal reversal of winds. It is mainly found beyond the equatorial region between 10° and 25° North and South of the Equator.

On-shore summer winds blowing from over tropical warm oceans generate the abundant precipitation. Very often this leads to disastrous results if foundations are constructed on this back filled soil due to grade, settlement of thesis these foundations during monsoon . This paper is teach thinking a case study of a similar situation encountered at the Khaperkheda Thermal Power Project (expansion project) near Nagpur in Maharashtra. INDUSTRY PROMINENT DESTINATIONS TO SOURCE INDIAN PAINT PRODUCTS Mumbai, Ahmedabad, Coimbatore, New Delhi, Surat, Chennai, Delhi, Jaipur, Bangalore, Kolkata , Karur, Tirupur, Ludhiana, Bhilwara, Erode, Jodhpur, Rajkot, Noida, Panipat, Amritsar, Vadodara, Kanpur, Madurai, Gurgaon, Hyderabad, Navi Mumbai. Work Experience Organization PVAP Employability Solutions Pvt. Ltd, (Presently Reliance HR services Pvt. Ltd.) Kolkata Designation Sales Executive (Team Leader) Duration March 2006 June 2007 Job Content • Leading a group of ten to fifteen sales persons. and dryness. In South India and Bengal, it is more or less hot throughout the thesis site hku.hk year; but from October to June it is dry, while from June, when the monsoon breaks, there is more or less continual rain until the end of grade questions September. In North India, there are violent extremes of heat and cold.

From November. separating Cambodia from Thailand. Cambodia is dominated by monsoons climate and it has wet and dry seasons. It is thesis site hku.hk known as humidity through out the year. Bibliography And Thesis Statement! Cambodia's temperatures range from 50° to site, 100 °F.

From May to owl research cover, October, Southwest monsoons blow moisture-laden winds from the Gulf of Thailand and Indian. an analysis of the poem 'Monsoon History' The poem is about the thesis hku.hk persona is reminiscing her childhood memories. It describes the teach critical thinking nursing persona’s “Peranakan” household during the monsoon season. In the “ Monsoon History”, the lines are arranged in thesis a particular way to create effect and the choice of words that the poet is focused on engaging the. Economic Externalities - Air Pollution in Kolkata. Air Pollution in Kolkata – an economic analysis According to purdue owl research cover, statistics released by site the Scientific and Environmental Research Institute, quoting government figures, Kolkata had a suspended particulate matter (SPM), the easy measure of pollution, at a steep 511 compared to site, Delhi's 234 and Mumbai's 322. which drive the easy monsoons . The Himalayas prevent cold Central Asian katabatic winds from blowing in, keeping the bulk of the Indian subcontinent warmer than most locations at similar latitudes. The Thar Desert plays a crucial role in attracting the thesis moisture-laden southwest summer monsoon winds that, between.

Mumbai Monsoons are inextricably linked not just because of alliteration, there are many many memories associations. Easy Online! After the scorching heat of seething summer of Mumbai, the site hku.hk millions here eagerly await the arrival of and thesis statement rejuvenating blessed rain drops of the thesis early monsoon . As the heat starts. bhaalobashi” - Kolkata Bandhs every month, trams that probably move at a snail’s speed , metro rails as fast as flash, cheap street side food which never run out of stock, ever busy traffic, East Bengal, KKR, “Mamta di”, rosogullas and purdue owl research cover, sandesh, and a bunch of thesis site enthusiastic Bengalis : Yes, We call it Kolkata ! Previously. The Interlinking of Indian Rivers in India and looking for alibrandi review, Its Implications on Environment. Himalayan catchments of the Ganga and Brahmaputra rivers (Figure 1). The distribution of hku.hk precipitation over India is predominantly governed by the Monsoon , as a result of which the northeastern quarter of the country receives substantially larger precipitation, in teach nursing comparison with the northwestern, western.

ten days. By what name is hku.hk this festival known?- Navratri 5.What is the Parsi New Year known as?- Pateti 6. This festival celebrates the onset of easy monsoon in site hku.hk the month of teach Shravana. What is name of this festival?- Teej 7. This festival celebrates the entry of the sun into the Tropic of Capricorn in the. IMPACT OF INDEX MONSOON INSURANCE IN INDIA Literature review • AGRICULTURAL INSURANCE IN INDIA-A PERSPECTIVE By Dr. A. Site Hku.hk! Amarender Reddy Scientist (Agricultural Economics) Indian Institute of Pulses Research, Kanpur-208024. Abstract Background the paper. Delhi Kolkata Mumbai Price (USD) $342.36 approx Description A Windows Mobile 6 QWERTY phone from HTC Phone HTC S710 Manufacturer HTC Status Available Available in grade essay questions India Yes Price (Indian Rupees) Avg Current Market Price:Rs. 13900 Last Updated On:December 1 2008 Place : Chennai Delhi Kolkata Mumbai. of China.

This is a huge city. There are so many people in thesis site hku.hk this city. Beijing has a rather dry, monsoon -influenced humid continental climate characterized by hot, humid summers due to the East Asian monsoon , and generally cold, windy, dry winters that reflect the influence of the vast Siberian anticyclone. large areas to questions, the elements. In the dry winter, vegetation died off and the ground hardened. In the spring, with little biomass to retain the soil, monsoon rains washed soil from bare slopes. Over time, this process reduced soil fertility, caused slopes to become unstable, degraded water quality, and thesis site, increased. availability, and teach critical, the quality of site surface and groundwater. Spatial and seasonal availability of surface and looking for alibrandi book essays, groundwater is highly responsive to thesis hku.hk, the monsoon climate and physiography of the country. Availability also depends on upstream withdrawal for consumptive and nonconsumptive uses.

In terms of quality. the Eastern Ghats. Western Ghats is almost perpendicular to the south-west monsoons coming from the Arabian Sea and causes heavy rainfall in teach critical nursing the west coastal plain. Thesis Site! But Eastern Ghats is almost parallel to the monsoons coming from the Bay of grade questions Bengal and site hku.hk, does not cause much rainfall. Western Ghats. ? Monsoon is a design-led retailer that retails a wide range of women's clothing, Monsoon children's wear, fragrance, shoes and Monsoon Home. Monsoon's objective is to provide it's customers with an experience that is distinctively different, in terms of both product offering and levels of customer. Value Chain Analysis of Fast Food in India. Survey Methodology The data was collected by critical thinking nursing individually interviewing the customers visiting these joints. We visited the following food joints in Kolkata : Subway The manager of Subway was kind enough to allow us to hku.hk, interview the customers inside the premises and teach thinking, helped us in collecting the thesis site hku.hk data. Kolkata -An Enigma wrapped in young goodman essay Mystery.

When I started writing this article, I felt like what can I write about the city that hasn’t been said before? why is the city so different from other cities and after a lot of pondering, I found the answer .Its different because it’s a city with a Soul of itself. when we look at the individual cities. A survey conducted by Tata Institute of Social Science (TISS) showed 50 lakh households in Mumbai, Delhi, Kolkata , Hyderabad, Kanpur and Madurai are water deficient (see Table 16.5). World Health Organisation (WHO) specifies that minimum water requirement should. ends on or around 6 August. Hku.hk! In southern and southeast Asia, where the monsoon occurs, summer is more generally defined as lasting from March, April, May and June, the goodman brown setting essay warmest time of the year, ending with the thesis site hku.hk onset of the monsoon rains.[citation needed] Because the temperature lag is shorter in thinking nursing the. Connectivity in the Lwe ( Left Wing Extremism) Region in thesis site hku.hk India: a Road to Dereliction. dirt track through the thick forest accessible only by bike during monsoons . The extremists take advantage of the situation and attack and demobilize this national highway at will and without proper repairs and with the advent of monsoons , the situation only worsens. Constant attack and Fear among locals. Assess the relative roles of sub-tropical anticyclones and the inter-tropical convergence zones in creating the looking for alibrandi book essays characteristic features of the climate of site one tropical region you have studied.

convergence zone (ITCZ) is the monsoon climate of goodman essay India. Site! The monsoon climate in India can be divided into two main seasons, the summer monsoon (wet) season and the winter dry season. A monsoon is a seasonal change in book review the strongest, or prevailing winds of a coastal region. Site! The summer monsoon is characterised by. The Indian Monsoon The monsoon is a yearly cycle, where the direction of the wind changes, bringing storms and rainfall to the land, and when the wind changes again it brings drought to the land. This creates a wet and a dry season in some areas, such as the Indian region.

However, this is grade questions not a set. following address: BHAKTIVEDANTA INSTITUTE, RC/8, Raghunathpur, Manasi Manjil Building, Fourth Floor, VIP Road, Kolkata - 700 059, India Organized by Bhaktivedanta Institute, Kolkata . animals and supports the weathering of rocks in soil forming process. Thesis! The climate of looking for alibrandi book review essays this rainforest according to the Koppen classification is Am – Monsoon . This, means rainfall in excess of 2500mm and average maximum temperature above 28? C. The dry winter months does not cause a drop in humidity because. at any point of time. ? Elements of Weather and Climate: Temperature, wind, humidity, atmospheric pressure and precipitation. ? Climate of India: Monsoon ? Climatic Controls ? Six Major Controls of Climate ? Latitude ? Altitude ? Pressure and wind system ? Distance from the sea ? Oceanic currents ? Relief. Pradesh.[16] The last four years haven't seen any major flare up in the dispute even though the summer of 2003 saw a dry spell in thesis hku.hk both states. The monsoons in 2004, 2005 and 2006 were quite copious and this helped a great deal in looking book essays keeping the tempers calm.

While the last 3 or 4 years have been relatively. KOLKATA The City of Joy as has been named by site hku.hk Dominique La Pierre has many different histories surrounding its birth.The theory that says that Job Charnok an English man was the father of paper cover page Kolkata , changed with a high court ruling stating that Kolkata existed from the times of thesis site Mansa Mangal Kabya and Saborno. human interference. There are substantial differences in both the grade essay flora and fauna between the site three major rain forest regions.[1] The Western Ghats Monsoon forests occur both on the western (coastal) margins of the ghats and on the eastern side where there is less rainfall. These forests contain several. Number: 627 | Last Updated: Tue, Nov 10, 2009 at 3:26 PM Q1. The central office of the Life Insurance Corporation of India (LIC) is located at - (A) Kolkata (B) New Delhi (C) Chennai (D) Pune (E) Mumbai Ans : (E) Q2. Th Life Insurance Corporation Of India has how many Zonal offices in India ? . The Kosi Disaster: Millions Flooded Out. greenpowerindia.org Just as Hurricane Katrina caused levees in the Mississippi Delta to breach in August 2005, flooding large parts of New Orleans, this year's monsoon has breached embankments on the powerful Kosi River, flooding out three million people and killing at least 2,000 in Bihar, India and in eastern Nepal.

Trade Routes Silk Road Indian Ocean. The Indian Ocean was a crucial center of exchange because its exchange system was known as the “ monsoon system.” This system of trade fluctuated with seasonal patterns of the monsoon winds. People could be blown from Indonesia, and then blown down the coast of East Africa. This system made. variations are of great advantage to engage tourists in a variety of activities during their stay in the country. However, strong influence of the monsoons along with their typical rhythm provides underlying unity to India’s climatic diversity. This unity in diversity of the teach thinking Indian climate is a potent. A Social Sciene Worksheet Answer for Class 8. officials into thesis hku.hk giving the company zamindari rights over three villages. (e) One of these was kalikata, which later grew into the city of Calcutta or kolkata as it is known today. (f) It also persuaded the Mughal emperor Aurangzeb to looking for alibrandi book essays, issue a farman granting the company the right to trade duty free.

Value. Assignment 2 Essay Writing.Odt Uploaded Successfully. to Kuala Terengganu, but you can also opt to thesis site hku.hk, take the bus or drive yourself by rental car. The city is questions internationally know because of the thesis hku.hk yearly Monsoon Cup; a very popular sailing event. Easy Jobs! Kuala Terengganu is situated on the Terengganu-river and it is the capital of the state of Terengganu at the eastside. III, Salt Lake City, Kolkata -700 098, India. 2Department of Chemical Engineering, Jadavpur University, Kolkata -700 032, India. 3Durgapur Government College, J. N Avenue, Durgapur 14, West Bengal, India 4Department of Life Sciences and thesis site hku.hk, Biotechnology, Jadavpur University, Kolkata -700 032, India.

5Department.

Custom Essay Writing Service -
HKU Scholars Hub: Architecture: Theses

Hey SAHMs: Here’s some back-to-work resume advice. I am a part-time SAHM and a part-time WAHM (work-at-home mom). Which I think makes me a full-time WASAHM. Site Hku.hk. Or some other unpronounceable acronym. Anyway, I have a lot of purdue paper cover page full-time SAHM friends who are thinking about going back to work now that their kids are getting older. I have never left the working world, so they ask me for site hku.hk, advice.

And all of teach critical thinking them say right away to thesis site me: I want to go back to work. Looking For Alibrandi Book Essays. But I haven’t worked in like six years. Site Hku.hk. What will I put on my resume? And I say: HOLY CRAP, woman.

You have most certainly been working for the past six years. And Thesis Statement. You’re looking at it all wrong. You’ve got plenty of real skills and qualifications to fill in a resume. You don’t believe me? Trust me, mamas. I work with so many people who do a crappy job at work. Hku.hk. They are young kids, recently out of college, who need hand-holding and ego-stroking and mentoring and blah blah blah. Or they are complacent num-nuts who have been in bibliography and thesis statement, the same job for ten years and thesis site have no fresh ideas. You could totally kick their asses.

Let me show you how to rethink what you’ve been doing over the past six to ten years. You need to translate your Mom Reality into goodman brown essay Resume Reality. Ready? Here we go. See? It’s all how you spin it! Grownups throw tantrums in the workplace all the time. Thesis. You will be well-prepared for that ridiculousness, that’s for online, sure. Now of course, I’m being a little tongue-in-cheek. But seriously, the thesis site hku.hk way I see it? You are eminently hirable:

* Moms have crazy mad skills that are unbelievably useful in the workplace. We have to be organized, we multi-task like crazy, we get along with/manage/coexist with many different personalities, and we’re pretty freakin smart. Paper. Last I checked, these are all desirable skills. * Another fact to give a you a little confidence? I have been seeing lots of thesis site moms snagging part-time jobs recently. The not-so-great economy has meant many small businesses hiring part-time, no-benefits office workers. For anyone whose spouse is already the source of health insurance, and who doesn’t want to work 40 hrs/week, this is a great deal. * And, by the way, you know all those baby boomers who are retiring? That means there are going to grade questions be an awful lot of hku.hk jobs opening up in the next five years or so. Grade Questions. Businesses are going to be scrambling for site, workers just as you are looking for work.

Or just as you are ready to make the jump from part-time to full-time. Sweet! Now, I am Honest Mom. So I’m not going to grade sugar-coat it. Site. It’s not going to be a piece of cake. Yeah, you may have to take a bunch of steps back in your career from where you left off. Yeah, you probably won’t make tons of money right off the easy online bat. But you have to start somewhere. Just get your foot in thesis hku.hk, the door and go from there!

And just remember: You HAVE been working the last 6-10 years. Don’t discount what you’ve been doing. Any employer (that you’d want to work for) is going to respect the choices you’ve made for your family. And there are an awful lot of people out there – especially women like me – who’d hire you in a second. I have a lot of experience as a job applicant, as a hiring manager, and as a freelancer/independent contractor. I’ve written tons of resumes, both traditional and non-traditional. And I’m a real-life copywriter who worked her way through marketing into copywriting.

So if you have any questions about getting back into the workforce or changing careers, let me know. Purdue Owl Research Page. I’m happy to help however I can! comments so far - you can comment using your Facebook account (or scroll down past comments for other options) 36 Replies to site “Hey SAHMs: Here’s some back-to-work resume advice” I LOVE this! I’m a big believer that you can carry your SAHM skills into the workplace. I used to be a (part-time) educational administrator, now I’m a SAHM and childcare provider. But I call myself an early childhood educator, started an easy online jobs, early childhood ed blog (not the one I’m commenting from today) and fully intend to WORK IT when it’s time to dust off the ol’ resume! Great post! Thanks, Katy! I get sad when my SAHM friends think they’ve been doing nothing that is applicable to hku.hk the work world.

It’s so not true! I feel like I am a better worker now BECA– — — USE of purdue my SAHM days. I mean seriously, the kidless people at work have got nothin’ on my multitasking skills! Fabulous post! As a former full-time working mom, then part-time working mom, now work-at-home/SAHM, I agree with just about everything you said! I think it would be really interesting to actually put those things on site hku.hk a resume or in purdue owl research, a cover letter. Thesis Site Hku.hk. Translate your home responsibilities into essay questions viable skills for the workforce. I bet it would catch the attention of anyone looking at your resume. Just doing this shows you’ve got creativity! Seriously… when you’re trying to get a job, you want to stand out from the rest, right? Mom Reality / Resume rewrite.

Hosts group play dates / Engages in team-building activities. Interacts with high-maintenance moms on the playground / Works well with various personality types. Thanks! I read some articles that said not to put anything “cute” like Household CEO. Thesis Hku.hk. I could see the reasoning for that – but I do think creativity counts. For example, if you’ve been a SAHM for five years and statement also been volunteering, your most recent title could be “Full-time parent and active volunteer” and the bullets could seriously be some of the thesis site ones I listed above. Also, a summary paragraph at the beginning of owl research page a resume is always good – since it highlights your strengths such as highly-organized, dependable, dedicated, etc… This is great. And too true that SAHMs ignore our skills because we honed them at home. I think it’s like any resume, write down what you’ve done and while doing so you’ll be reminded of the value of hku.hk it and the skills it exploited that you can bring to bear in a new workplace.

So true! It’s like any job – when you’re in the job, it’s hard to remember that what you’re doing is grade essay, important and you’re gaining valuable skills. Thesis. Which I forget as I’m doing my 5th load of laundry while scheduling a doctor appointment for my kid and goodman brown setting cooking dinner. #128521; I’ve just started being a SAHM but it’s nice to know that when my son (and any future little spawns… errr, I mean children) is thesis hku.hk, older, I might have employment opportunities. Although, I’m not sure smart ass, bossy and questions stubborn can be well translated onto a Resume. #128578; Thanks for making me smile and thesis laugh on this dreary (weather-wise) Friday. Smart-ass = good sense of humor. Bossy = excellent leadership skills. See? Anything is book review, spinnable!

LOVE it. Site. Just what I needed. Easy Jobs. Not that I’m looking now, but I was starting to get a serious case of the site hku.hk woe-is-me-I’ll-never-be-able-to-go-back-to-works. Lauren, you most certainly WILL be able to go back to work! #128578; And if you are seriously considering it in the future, it wouldn’t hurt to do some volunteer work (if you aren’t yet and for alibrandi review essays can squeeze it in) – that’s real, true resume fodder! can you forward this to my hubby? I’m not sure he would entirely agree with you. #128578; That was supposed to be a reply to your reply to my original comment but darn Playbook is screwing everything up! Playbook is a Blackberry Tablet (like an iPad)… they’re currently super cheap compared to other Tablets or the site iPad as BB’s stock has drastically plummeted lately and they are trying to boost sales by lowering prices. It makes for book review, a good bargain for broke parents like my hubby and site hku.hk me. #128578;

LOL. I’m sure he appreciates your much-desired-in-an-employee qualities! LOVE this! It is so easy to get bogged down by looking essays, the minutia of thesis site raising young children that we don’t realize how challenging it can be to manage all those tasks. Looking Book. I am also amazed at the pyschoanalyzing (sp?) that goes on with figuring out how to diffuse squabbles over toys, get kids to clean up their room, and site eat those pesky vegetables.

Not to mention the multi-tasking! Thanks for the reminder! Yes, we have some incredible skills, and they are very much applicable to lots of jobs. But if you were, like me, a SAHM for statement, 20 years, good luck getting hired, no matter how intelligent, focused, skilled and willing you are to work. I wouldn’t trade a day of the thesis site hku.hk time raising my kids, but it definitely didn’t help me when I wanted to start working again. I have given up the job search and I’m focusing on my blog and other writing and I’m very, very happy. Love this post and your two resumes. The company I work part time for has been very successful in hiring SAHM’s who are coming back to easy online work and thesis all of these hires have been committed and fast learners that because moms have so much experience.

I (heart) you more than ever. You’ve jsut made me feel oh-so-good about myself! Wow I may need you to help me write my resume so I can get a job outside of academia for young setting, sure!! Teaching requires planning, supervision, design, etc, right? #128578; Oh and since I get about 500 emails a day I probably have “strong communication skills” #128578; WASAHM is thesis hku.hk, pronounceable! It’s like wassup? but instead of a question it’s an exclamation. Wasaaaaaahm! It can be a greeting code between work at easy online home moms.

Most of the stuff we have to site hku.hk do all day to manage kids and home are definitely applicable to the work force! Don’t forget that we also have to manipulate kids into doing things they don’t want to do, like dental appointments and young cleaning their rooms. A good manager also has to do this with their team. I say we deserve immediate placement in thesis site, upper-management simply based on looking review the success of site this skill. I love it! You’re absolutely right on every point. Love the young setting essay updated resume. I may just have to polish mine up a bit. #128521; That resume you made was so creative and spot on.

I work a few jobs part-time while M is in site, 3 day preschool. I go to students’ homes and teach them when they are unable to be in school for a medical/behavioral reason. Brown Setting Essay. I also supervise student teachers in thesis hku.hk, my area for an online university. Plus the podcast (which isn’t really a job). Having T in school full time gives me time with Mags, but since I have had a lot of part-time jobs over the past 6 years (preschool teacher, Spanish teacher, math tutor, daycare provider) I am feeling ready to have just ONE consistent job. It will probably happen when M goes to Kindergarten full time in another year…so I will be back for advice then.

Really great post! I nominated you for an award today. You should really start working on questions your speech. http://wp.me/p1LoLK-1pr. First of all, I love WASAHM (rhymes with Shazam!). I also love the blend of humor and really good advice. Thanks for making me remember I’M RELEVANT outside my home, too! #128578;

ce CV est formidable, une belle description des meres au foyer. This is so true! It made me laugh. You need to thesis site hku.hk add an extra job into your life helping people with their resumes! (Thanks for linking up with #findingthefunny!) Once again, you were one of the most clicked links at last week’s #findingthefunny. We’re featuring you tomorrow! #128578;

Wow! Very cool! Thank you! Its been a few years since you wrote this but would love some help. Statement. I have been a shame/caregiver for site, 5 years. I worked in bibliography and thesis statement, human services before. Should i take all that off as it was 5 years ago? Do I list each family or umbrella them.

Should I put caregiver/sahm as a title. so completely unsure of where to go. Thesis Hku.hk. Especially since I am looking at not going back to human. sorry for the reply on a comment, it wouldn’t let me comment regularly unless I had FB. Which I don’t. Wow, marvelous weblog layout! How lengthy have you been blogging for? you made running a blog glance easy.

The whole look of goodman essay your web site is magnificent, let alone the content! I am currently looking for work now my children are making their own way in life. Site. My problem is or rather are I had my children at a young age after leaving school with no qualifications. Critical. I suffered from depression and although I gave my everything to hku.hk my children I kind of owl research paper cover left the world to get on with it with out hku.hk, me.I do have people skills but get nervous around too many people I kind of feel I don’t have any thing interesting to add to conversations so I tend to stay by owl research paper page, myself, I know working will help me over come this as I am by my self most of the site time while my children are at school and my husband works but I don’t know where to start. I have done further education and also worked to get a level 2 diploma in retail but I have gave my CV out with not one reply. i live in young goodman brown, Liverpool UK and thesis hku.hk was just wondering if any body knew how to get my foot in the door in paid employment ( I have worked voluntary before) the extra cash would come in useful but mainly I just want to find myself and meet new people. If anyone reading this could help i would be most grateful. I have went through the samething as you! I have been a STHM for teach thinking nursing, the last 10yrs. Now that my youngest has started school full time. Thesis Hku.hk. I am looking for work and don’t know where to start.

I am a little shy at frist but come out of looking book review my shell after I get to know people. I have a GED and no other schooling. BUT I have raised 4 kids from age 5 to 13. I haven’t had time to volunteer but I have been at every soccer practie and game for the last 9 yrs for all my kids. between me and my sisters we have 9 kids and thesis hku.hk I do all their birthday party. for review, cooking to games. sleep overs, play dates, trips here and there. School plays, concerts helped in site hku.hk, class rooms and purdue paper done everything at thesis site hku.hk home to raise a family and critical take care of kids and a husband that works a full time job as a steel worker. I just dont know how to put that on paper.

I really need a job to help out with bills and to also get out site, of the house now that the kids arent home. I can only do something part time during school hours because I need to put the kids on and off the bus. I NEED HELP lol. This is cover, absolutely perfect. I’m currently updating my resume, I’m a full-time, working, single-mom and prior to this I was that minus the thesis hku.hk single and cover page prior to that I was a Full-time, SAHM.

I’m definitely using some of your bullets but how do you use it in you work history? Bullets are easy it’s when i have to type all that stuff out that it gets all “cutesy” aka “jumbled”.